Staromestske Namesti 1/3, Prague 1
Adults 105 CZK
The privilege to found a town hall was granted to the Old Town in 1338, in the same year the first building of the Town Hall was purchased, the building of the Wolfing of the Stone to which they later build the tower with the Astronomical Clock. Around 1360 the neighboring building was build, the middle one, belonging to the fur maker Miks was bought the 15th century and the last two buildings, the house At the Cock and At the Minute, were connected to the Town Hall. In the 19th century a new neo-gothic wing going to the other side of the square was build, however, nowadays you can see only a part of the ruins of this building as it was destroyed at the end of WWII. The mayoral assembly room is the most important room in the complex and is as well the worthiest sight of the Town Hall. The original Renaissance ceiling form the 16th century together with the statue of Christ the Sufferer from 1410 are the most important artifacts in this room. Two further rooms are situated on the 2nd floor: George’s hall and Brožík´s hall. George’s hall is called after the Czech king Jiří (George) of Poděbrady whose statue is situated here. Brožík´s hall is called after the author of the two large paintings in this room Václav Brožík. The room is being used as an assembly hall.